Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Power of the Pump

Also while Christmas shopping last Monday, I found the most adorable pair of red patent leather kitten heel pumps (the heels are thin and black, which just adds to the sauciness of these incredibly cute shoes).  Naturally I could not pass them up since they were actually my size and the price was reasonable.

So very early Tuesday morning, long before the sun came up, I got ready for work and dressed in a pair of wool blend cream and black herringbone-like slacks and a fitted cowl-neck black sweater.  I threw on some cute silver stud earrings and a long silver beaded necklace, then beheld those gorgeous shoes with an anticipation unlike I've had in quite some time.  I slipped them on...perfect fit.  I walked around...they were actually comfortable.  I could barely believe my good luck.  All day at the office, any time I had to walk down the halls, any opportunity I had to turn away from my desk and cross my legs, I couldn't help but look at my feet and admire those spicy red pumps. I couldn't help but smile.  I was genuinely surprised at how much this little spot of my favorite color in my otherwise conservative and colorless attire made me so darned happy.  Maybe it's the winter.  Maybe it's the cold.  I don't really care why, but if I had known these little red shoes could have such an affect on me, I would have found a pair a whole lot sooner.

Oh and these helped too.  No idea how those got under my tree...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment