Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's a tie...

After enjoying a very nice holiday party at Phyllis and Skip's home in our old home town,Warrenton, Ed and I were still feeling a lot of holiday spirit, so we went in search of the best Christmas lights in town.  The winners were on opposite sides of the street in the same neighborhood and both were just breathtaking.  Here's number 1:
Now I am generally a white lights kind of girl, but that house was absolutely stunning and looked like a beautiful gingerbread house.  I loved it.  Here is number 2:
Pretty spectacular, huh?  It reminded me very much of our home, a white Victorian style home with a turret and front porch, in the same town.  Ed would string large white lights to completely outline the roof and chimney, hang icicle lights from every eave, and place white twinkle lights in all our foundation plants, and even over our rose arbor.  Then I would place candles on each windowsill and he would hang a green wreath with a big red bow on the outside of each window.  It was breathtaking.  I very much appreciate the efforts people make to put on a beautiful holiday display.

No comments:

Post a Comment