Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Refinish a Dresser with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

I'm going to do a few posts to catch up on some of the projects I've done this past year.  I bought this lovely dresser at an estate sale when I lived in Texas and, after hauling it home, my kids found a love letter from a soldier to his girl, which was written in the 1940's.  We somehow lost that in the move to Virginia years ago, but this pretty little beaten up dresser made it just fine.  I loved the dark wood and the pretty carved details, but I didn't love the many nicks and scratches so I bought some Annie Sloan Chalk paint and set to work.  I love chalk paint; you don't have to do much prep work.  I did sand down the top but that's about it.  This was my first real chalk paint project so I wasn't thrilled with the dark wax over the blue, but this paint is so easy it wouldn't take long to redo it.  If you paint with it, just be sure to watch a video on the waxing technique to get it right and always was with clear first, then the dark.  I may redo the drawers one day but, for now, I've got autumn decorating on my mind.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment