Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Preparation

Yesterday, Ed and I shopped all day for ingredients for recipes, a fresh turkey, flowers, and a few other things I needed to decorate.  I've spent a several hours this morning making table arrangements (I try to use all natural fruits, pumpkins, gourds, colorful leaves, and fresh flowers), ironing table linens, and getting the table ready for tomorrow.  I am especially pleased with the floral arrangement I made using Costco flowers, some pillar candles, fresh pears, and leaves, all in a beautiful handpainted bowl that was given to us as a wedding gift. 
Now on to the cooking!  Today I plan to make the Make Ahead Gravy from Cuisine at Home magazine (you roast turkey wings over carrots, celery and onions, then use those drippings and meat to make the really delicious gravy that can be heated just before dinner), Hawaiian Salad -a very old recipe my grandmother and mother have served every single year of my life every Thanksgiving and Christmas, Southern Living icebox rolls, homemade pie crusts for a bourbon pecan pie (recipe from Garden & Gun magazine) and a pumpkin pie, and maybe I'll get the cornbread dressing together so the flavors can meld in the refrigerator all night and I can just slip it in the oven an hour before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment