Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wirehaired Hungarian Vizslas

Our friends, Ed and Sandy (see previous post on Sandy and her amazing equestrian abilities) share their life with a lot of animals.  For the past couple of years, Ed has owned Winnie, a wirehaired Hungarian Vizsla and on a recent outing to their place for dinner, I happened to fall in head over heels in love with her.  She's a beautiful girl and has a gentle, intelligent presence that impressed me so much I decided we should have one too.  My Ed has wanted a dog for a long time and our first experience with our Jack Russell Terrier wasn't a pleasant one.  So I've been hesitant.

Winnie, however, stole my heart.

So we have sent our deposit for female in a litter of puppies related to her, which should be born by the end of the month.  If we get lucky, we will be picking our little girl up around Thanksgiving.  

Here's the lovely Winnie:

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Found you through Winnie's site. I have a Vizsla myself, though it's a standard. They are wonderful dogs overall if matched with the right people, I'm sure Ed and Sandy have filled you in on all that though. I have bookmarked your site and will be checking back to see if you all end up getting one. Funny, I just moved from Winchester not long ago, and now live over in MD, small world.
    Take care
    Anna
    http://akgphoto.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! So nice to meet you! I'm really hoping we get our WHV with this litter. Ed and Sandy have been wonderful and continue to educate us on this special breed. Take care and hope to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete